Monday 3 August 2015

Greetings

I've been considering starting a blog for a little while, and the timing of the announcement of the next wow expansion provided a good opportunity to just jump into it instead of perpetually holding off. If it turns out it's not my thing, so be it.

I still feel it's a bit of a precarious time to be starting a warcraft related blog. Firstly, the game is over 10 years old, and whilst the idea of a new expansion holds a lot of hope, so did Warlords of Draenor, and myself and many others have been disappointed by that in many ways. There seems to be more doomsaying now than ever. That said, I'm still playing and still enjoying it, so I simply decided to not give the blog a wow related name. That way I can blog about whatever has my interest at the time - which, lets face it, will probably be wow. More on that later.

I don't personally believe anyone wants to know the daily ins and outs of what I'm doing. But I envision dumping thoughts on whatever is happening at the time, and hopefully improve my writing skills in the process. I don't write much, and whenever I have tried it might turn out okay, but it is very slow going. Even when it comes to things like work emails, it takes me a while to translate my thoughts into words, and I am overly meticulous and critical. I hope this is just being out of practice, and would like to develop the ability to do quick, sharp, interesting posts. However, I have resolved to not be attached to it, for it not to become a chore, and therefore won't be setting any real targets.

Next up, a bit of history.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your posts, knowing the effort you will put in to them!

    ReplyDelete